Clarks to close Kendal shoe centre with 53 jobs at risk

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> I dati

geemong Rispondi citando

MessaggioInviato: Gio Lug 29, 2021 6:17 am    Oggetto: Clarks to close Kendal shoe centre with 53 jobs at risk

Clarks to close Kendal shoe centre with 53 jobs at risk

Shoe company Clarks plans to SLOTXO close a distribution centre with 53 jobs at risk.

It has had a presence in Kendal, Cumbria, since 1981 after taking over 19th Century company K Shoes.

Operations are set to move to Clarks' distribution centres at Street in Somerset and Venlo in the Netherlands by the end of the year.

Tim Farron, the MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale, said it was "very sad news" and workers would "be supported".

A Clarks spokesman said: "Kendal has been, and always will be, of great importance to Clarks, having played a significant role in our
history.

"We have a strong duty of care to our employees and will ensure they are fully supported during this time.

"Clarks is committed to leaving a positive legacy in Kendal and will encourage the site to be used to create opportunities which will
benefit the area."

Mr Farron said he would work with union representatives to support the workers and "help them find new jobs", according to
the Local Democracy Reporting Service.
Profilo Invia messaggio privato

Sponsored Links
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> I dati
Pagina 1 di 1

Choose Display Order
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
User Permissions