Zimbabweans deported by Britain arrive at Harare airport

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> eBaretto

limited Rispondi citando

MessaggioInviato: Ven Lug 23, 2021 4:31 am    Oggetto: Zimbabweans deported by Britain arrive at Harare airport

Zimbabwe has received the first batch of dozens of its citizens being deported from pgslot Britain, some after staying in that country for decades and forced to leave families behind to face an uncertain future back home.

Rights groups and politicians in Britain had mounted pressure to stop the deportations, arguing that the deportees are at risk of persecution in Zimbabwe.

The first group of deported Zimbabweans was people convicted of committing crimes in Britain. The United Kingdom says it has a right to deport foreigners who commit serious crimes after they serve out their sentences. Zimbabwean authorities dismissed fears that the returnees would be persecuted.

On Thursday, 14 of the deportees arrived at the main airport in the capital, Harare, and were quickly put into waiting buses to go to a quarantine center where they will stay for 10 days before they can rejoin their families.

The first flight was supposed to carry 50 passengers classified as “foreign national offenders,” but the deportations of some were postponed because of a COVID-19 outbreak at a detention center and ongoing legal processes, said Livit Mugejo, spokesman for Zimbabwe's ministry of foreign. affairs.
Profilo Invia messaggio privato

Sponsored Links
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> eBaretto
Pagina 1 di 1

Choose Display Order
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
User Permissions